I recently finished my 5th term as Chair of the Chester County Board of Commissioners. It has been my great pleasure to serve as Chairman this past year and I look forward to the challenges that 2017 may bring. I am deeply confident in my colleagues and my ability to face our challenges head on to continue to make Chester County the best place to live in the Commonwealth and perhaps the nation.
During my time in office much has been accomplished, but there is still work to be done in many areas. Among them:Public Safety…
- Public Safety remains our #1 priority! Progress and investment must continue and be diligently monitored. I am proud of the update to the County’s emergency services radio system and completion of our Public Safety Training Campus, which gives our dedicated 5,000-plus first responders a top-notch training facility in county. Next is the construction of a state-of-the art indoor firing range.
- CC has consistently been one of the healthiest counties in the Commonwealth, although historically that health has not been spread equally through all populations in the County. The County’s first Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP), engendered through a partnership with more than 60 community-based organizations, is a road map to better health for more of our citizens, from infants to seniors, and its implementation will become a priority. We are now also undertaking a challenge from our National Association of Counties to devise a program to help make our citizens healthier.
- In 2016, Chester County was named the fourth best county in the nation; however, we cannot rest on our laurels and are pursuing a series of initiatives, including VISTA 2025, to ensure the economic vitality into the next decade and beyond.
- As public servants, we are committed to do all we undertake in a fiscally responsible way. We must remain vigilant in spending the hard-earned tax dollars of our constituents, even as the County faces the on-going challenge of reduced revenues from the State.
Making Chester County #1 by Making Taxpayers #1Commissioner Terence Farrell’s leadership has helped earn a reputation for good government in Chester County with such prestigious rankings as:
- One of the top 24 best managed counties in America
- A top 10 place in America to raise a family
- The healthiest county in Pennsylvania
- The most educated county in Pennsylvania
Thank you for your continued support. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me by clicking here.